What is a bridge?
A dental bridge is a non-removable restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth. If you are missing just one tooth or a few teeth in a row, a dental bridge can provide a natural-looking, lasting restoration. A traditional fixed bridge is made up of two dental crowns and one prosthetic tooth, called a pontic. Our experienced dentist places the crowns on the dental implants or natural teeth adjacent to the gap to anchor and support the pontic. Once in place, a dental bridge is very stable and can provide a successful restoration for years to come.
Do I need a bridge?
Dr. Steven A. Beuligmann may suggest a bridge if you are interested in a tooth replacement that is secure and lasting. A custom dental bridge in Carlsbad, California, can improve your smile by:
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from drifting into the space left by the missing tooth
- Restoring the shape and volume of your face
- Improving your ability to more naturally speak and eat
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile by filling in the gap with a natural-looking prosthetic tooth
- Alleviating excessive stress on the bite and remaining teeth
To discover whether a dental bridge is right for restoring your stunning smile, we welcome you to contact us today.