1. You are not supposed to brush your teeth within 6 feet of a toilet – The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to six feet, so when you brush your teeth within those six feet, you can inhale some of those particles as well.
2. The first toothbrush was manufactured in China in 1498 – Before 1498, a toothbrush didn’t have bristles. The first toothbrush with bristles was manufactured in China and was made from the hair of hogs, horses, and badgers. The first commercial toothbrush was made in 1938.
3. Periodontal disease is very common – Approximately 75 percent of the United States population suffers with some form of periodontal gum disease.
4. People who drink soda have more tooth decay – Drinking three or more glasses of soda per day have 62 percent more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than those who do not.
5. Fluoride can hurt more than help – If ingested on a regular basis, fluoride can actually lead to toxicity in children.
6. Leave the lid off the toothpaste – Placing the lid back on the toothpaste when you are done is actually more detrimental. When you put the lid back on, moisture is left in the toothpaste, causing potential health and hygiene problems.
7. Newborn babies do not have tooth decay – This is part of the reason mothers can hold their babies and kiss their babies and allow on them to drool on them.